The death of KK | No VIP arrangement at Nazrul Mancha, number of places exceeded: BJP | Latest India News
As alleged mismanagement by the authorities of Nazrul Mancha, the auditorium in south Kolkata, where the KK singer last performed before he died of a heart attack, the state spokesman BJP, Samik Bhattacharya, said there should be an impartial investigation into the matter as there was a complete failure on the part of the administration to ensure proper security arrangement. Read also | KK Singer Dies: Hotel CCTV Data, Crowd at Event – What Kolkata Police Will Investigate
The BJP chief said the stadium was packed beyond its capacity and there was no VIP security arrangement which should have been there for KK. While the stadium can accommodate 3,000 people, around 7,000 people cram into the space.
Follow the latest KK death news updates
Trinamool General Secretary Kunal Ghosh has said the BJP should end its vulture policy over the unfortunate incident. “His death is really unfortunate, and we are all really sad about it. But what the BJP is doing is not expected at all. The saffron camp should stop their vulture politics. They should stop politicizing death. We don’t won’t be amazed if the BJP starts claiming that KK was their party leader,” he said.
Here’s what we know about KK’s mishandling of the event:
1. Doctors said KK died of a heart attack, but the events leading up to his death corroborate that it was not a sudden heart attack. The singer did not feel well in the evening, even during the performance.
2. As the BJP leader and many social media accounts claimed, there was a huge crowd listening to KK’s songs. Some reports claim that a fire extinguisher was sprayed inside the auditorium
3. An auditorium staff member allegedly claimed the air conditioning was working, but due to the growing crowd, the doors to the auditorium could not be closed. Therefore, the air conditioner was not able to control the temperature inside.
4. Videos from the event show during the performance, KK took a break. He was wiping the sweat from his face with a towel. It might also have issues with glare from the stage light.
5. After his performance, he didn’t feel well and was taken to the five-star hotel where he was staying.
6. Video of him exiting the venue shows he was mobbed and taken outside making a small path through the crowd. In the video, we see him walking.
seven. In the car, KK said he was cold because the car’s air conditioning was on.
8. After reaching the hotel he collapsed resulting in some minor cuts and was taken to the Calcutta Medical Research Institute where he was pronounced dead.
9. In the hotel before collapsing, he was followed by fans with whom he took pictures.
ten. When KK’s body arrived at the hospital, there was no bleeding, no vital signs of injury, a hospital official said.
(With PTI inputs)