Prince Harry celebrates good news over UK security deal drama






Ainhoa ​​Barcelona




The Duke of Sussex won a bid for a High Court judge to review the Home Office’s decision on its security arrangements in the UK.

READ: Royal nanny Tiggy Legge-Bourke to get payout from BBC after ‘misleading’ Princess Diana Panorama interview

Harry takes legal action after the Home Office denies him the chance to pay for police protection for himself and his family while visiting him from the United States.

In the first stage of the case earlier this month, Harry’s lawyers asked Judge Swift to grant permission for a full hearing for a judge to review the Home Office’s decision.

Loading player…

WATCH: Prince Harry talks about Princess Diana’s ‘playfulness and cheekiness’

On Friday, Harry’s wish was granted, with a High Court judge saying the case could continue. But only part of Harry’s request will be considered.

READ: Meghan Markle’s ‘motherly’ gestures towards Prince Harry on New York outing revealed

SEE: Prince Harry and Meghan wine and dine in style in New York

Judge Swift said: “The application for leave to seek judicial review is granted in part and denied in part.”

Harry has won a bid to have his case heard by a High Court judge

Earlier this month, the father of two got another victory in his trial against Associated Newspapers Limited. A High Court judge has ruled that extracts from an article that appeared in The Sunday Mail were indeed “defamatory”.

The headline read: “Exclusive: How Prince Harry tried to keep his legal fight with the government a secret over police bodyguards…then – just minutes after the story broke – his PR machine tried to put a positive spin on the dispute.”

LILY: Prince Harry makes a rare comment about his son Archie

The Sussexes pictured in New York earlier this week

Judge Nicklin said the article did not suggest that Harry was “seeking to keep his ‘legal battle’ with the government secret”, although it was suggested by the headline if read on its own.

Discussing one of the meanings of the article, Judge Nicklin said a reader would think that Harry “was responsible for public statements, issued in his name, which asserted that he was willing to pay for the protection of the police in the United Kingdom, and that his legal challenge was to the Government’s refusal to allow him to do so, when the reality, as reflected in the documents filed in the legal proceedings, was that he did not had made the offer to pay only after the opening of the procedure”.

Make sure you never miss a ROYAL story! Sign up for our newsletter to get all our celebrity and royalty news straight to your inbox.


Source link

Comments are closed.